Tuesday 3 March 2009

As far as the east is from the west

Today's session with my Romsey Mill group was a completely different experience from last week.

Between 9 of us we planted and fenced in about 20 shrubs. I say 9 of us - me, Gavin and Ruth enjoyed planting and fencing whilst many of our charges observed proceedings with some disinterest and complained about how hard they were being worked, whilst Iwan did his best to chivvy and encourage.

Over the course of 90 minutes everybody got along just fine. My un-friend from last week is once more my friend, without me having done anything different.

So things aren't so different from my nice cosy hot-chocolate-and-biscuits-in-my-lounge CYFA group that I left behind in Ferndown. But the Ferndown lot didn't use quite so much Anglo-Saxon, not that close to my face anyway.

And I'm not sure how well Slum Survivor would go down in this group.

I've had many comments about the article I wrote last week, from a variety of sources. Thank you all for your interest and encouragement.

No comments: