Friday 20 March 2009

Easter hols!

Believe it or not, it was the end of the Lent Term yesterday. Such stress we have in Cambridge for a whole 8 weeks in a row. I'm not quite sure what these other universities are messing about at with their 12 and 13 week terms....what on earth was I doing all that time in Brighton in the early 90's?

Essay on "The Difference between Worship and Liturgy" handed in, we gathered in the Lecture Hall for our twice termly meeting of students and staff, where we hear all the news and plans that have been brewing since the start of term.

And then we prayed, which is where it all started to fall apart. There have been quite a lot of pregnancies announced this term, as well as the sadness of a stillbirth. After we remembered that sadness I wanted to give thanks for the joys of pregnancy and ask protection for the expectant parents. Except once my mouth opened it seemed to lose connection with my brain, and before I knew it I'd dug a huge hole that there was no getting out of. A sentence that was meant to celebrate the joys of children turned into one about the joys of making children. Fortunately by now all were laughing so loud that my next few words were lost.....

At least everybody was smiling for the rest of the day!

No comments: